Monday 5 May 2014

Illamasqua Matte Primer

Hey lovelies! I'm back and I'm happier than ever now that I FINALLY have my new camera, so expect to see a lot better quality photos from now on! I finally decided on the Canon 1100D, but anyway, that's for another post once I've got used to it!
Today I wanted to show you this Illamasqua Primer that I've recently been using. Now, let me tell you that I am incredibly fussy when it comes to primers, I can never find one that I like. I failed to get used to Maybellines' Baby Skin Primer, and I'm not even a fan of Benefits Porefessional, so you know this primer is something special.



Firstly, I loved the packaging. I think it looks so smart, I love the plain-ness (Is that a word?!) When I first squeezed some of it onto the back of my hand I firstly thought it looked like PVA glue, but don't let that put you off! It's not sticky in consistency, in fact it glides on really smoothly and leaves a really nice base to apply my foundation to. As well as controlling shine, it also includes vitamin E which helps moisturise. The thing I liked about it is that it doesn't feel like I've got anything on like I tend to find with other primers. They made my skin feel oily and seemed to make my foundation slip around everywhere but I haven't found that with this primer! At £24 its not the cheapest you can get, but you really do only need the tiniest amount. I've been using this baby since September!
Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment