Wednesday 9 September 2015

INTRODUCING: THE H&M BEAUTY DEPARTMENT

Hey guys! I've got an exciting post today. You may all have seen the odd bits of make-up in H&M before, but as of yesterday, they have upgraded their game and completely re-vamped the range, introducing a whole new range of lipsticks, liners, eyeshadows, palettes, varnishes, pretty much everything you can think of! I went in with my sister yesterday to have a good look around all the products, (test out every lipstick on my hand) and pick up just a couple of things. I would have got so much more, but, unfortunately, a student budget doesn't stretch very far!







Lip liner in Bramble Ripple, Nail Varnish in Stucco

As you can see, the packaging on these products is gorgeous, I love the white, black and gold together, it really makes it look classy and definitely better than before. Anyway, let's talk about the lip liner!
I chose the shade Bramble Ripple after much contemplating, which is a dark purple/plum shade. There were a few lovely neutrals but I told myself I need to try something different and this colour is great for Autumn! For a first impression, as you can see above, I used the liner all over my lips to get  proper idea of the shade and consistency. Unfortunately the consistency is pretty dry so I'd say these aren't really suitable to wear on their own as you can with some liners and they probably need a lipstick to go with them, however the colour was awesome and it really stayed put on my lips (so much so I had to scrub at it to get it off afterwards!) so overall I would say it was okay! These also only cost £3.99, so I may have to go back and get one of those nude shades I kept staring at!

Next was the varnish. H&M have done varnishes in the past and the sales assistant came over and spoke to us saying how they have left the price the same, again at £3.99, to make them affordable to everyone! I have been looking for a nice grey tone varnish for a while so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to pick one up! They had absolutely loads to choose from in so many nice colours, however I found the grey I wanted in the shade 'Stucco'. At first impression I was impressed with the shape of the brush, it is quite wide to make for an easier application. The colour also looked great when I tested it on my little colour wheel, and this is with only one layer! As I mentioned, I'm not yet sure on staying power/chipping as I only went yesterday but it seems pretty great to me!

Have you tried any of the other products? What did you think?

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment