Tuesday 20 January 2015

NEW YORK CITY

Hey guys! Last week I was in New York for the week with my university and of course I had an amazing time! I thought I would do a quick post just to share my experiences and what I got up to, plus all the usual touristy photos and stuff! So let's get into it!

We arrived in New York on Monday morning and after an 8 hour flight, we were pretty tired. Luckily our hotel wasn't far from the airport and although it wasn't the best hotel around, the room was huge and it was so close to everything we needed, including being only about 3 blocks from the Empire State Building! The hotel was called Pennsylvania, and like I said the room size was good but some of the hallways had a slight resemblance to The Shining which wasn't the most comforting of thoughts, haha! Anyway back to New York, I went to a basketball game (which Jay Z and Beyonce just happened to be at), The Empire state, got amazing pizza, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, China Town, Central Park, Little Italy, Times Square, and everything in between! Instead of blabbing on for ages, I thought I would just show a few of my favourite photos from the trip. I'll save things I brought for another post so here are just a few snaps!













I was also lucky enough to get a tour of the Garment District which was a real big eye-opener to the city. Our tour guide was so great and I really discovered that everything in the City is something, everything has a story behind it and it really sucks you in to the atmosphere of the place. Everyone is busy, going somewhere, working toward something or otherwise, and that really makes all the hustle and bustle seem worth it. It's somewhere I definitely want to go back to. Back to reality for the moment though!

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment