Wednesday 10 December 2014

Subtle ways to be more Christmassy

So, sometimes this time of the year can be a little daunting for those who aren't comfortable to don an out-there ugly Christmas jumper, headband antlers and the like, but that doesn't mean we don't like Christmas! I love Christmas and I have to say I do enjoy wearing the ugly jumpers, but that doesn't mean everyone does. I've seen a lot of 'Christmas Jumper Hauls' recently and thought I would do something for people who aren't quite as in to them! Here's some simple ways to jazz up an ordinary outfit so you feel like part of the Christmas crew! Enjoy! 


1) Wear some Christmassy socks!
It might seem a bit simple, but anything to get in the spirit! Plus it can look super cute like this peaking over the top of some fur trimmed boots. My ones are from Primark and have little trees and a fairisle print on them, and my boots are from New Look.






2) Get a Christmas coloured Jumper!
Just because you don't like jumpers with pugs in Santa costumes and jingle bells floating about everywhere, doesn't mean you have to completely miss out. Here I have just a plain Icy Blue coloured jumper which looks great and quite Christmassy especially when paired with silver jewellery, or if you're feeling a little more daring, I have a Cherry red jumper with white dots, not technically Christmas themed but it's getting there! The blue jumper is from H&M and the Red from TX Maxx :)


3) How about some Christmas Themed earrings?!
There's hundreds of different styles of Christmas themed earrings available, and you can get them cheap from a lot of places around Christmas time! I got mine from Claire's last year but I'm pretty sure they do something similar in store this year. I got some small stud Christmas trees and Penguins! They're a nice subtle nod to add just a touch of Christmas to your outfit.




4) It might seem cliché, but a tartan scarf does the trick!
Sometimes you just need to add a bit of colour to your outfit to make you feel more festive. Firstly, you might need a scarf anyway for practical reasons, and also, tartan never goes out of style and is always a staple every winter. If you want to feel Christmassy, try a bit of Tartan! Whether it be the scarf, a skirt or a shirt all of the above would be good! I've put mine with a crisp white shirt to make it really stand out. This one's from Urban Outiftters :)


So there are just a few ideas to start getting you feeling festive! I hope you enjoyed and let me know if you have any other ideas! 


Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment