Saturday 22 March 2014

Body Shop || Tea Tree Set

Hey guys! So quite a while ago now I received one of the lovely Tea Tree skin care sets from Bodyshop from Jack after I had gone in there looking at it for about 3 weeks, haha! Whilst I was there, one of the assistants asked me my skin type, as I wasn't sure which set I wanted to buy, and we decided that the Tea Tree would be best for me, and since I have now been using it for quite a while I thought I could give you guys a review!
The set was really good value for money, it cost £25 and it was actually worth something around £45. The set included 7 items, a full size toner, facial wash, pore minimiser, night lotion, skin clearing lotion, blemish gel, and a bottle of tea tree oil. (warning: this is a lengthy post!) I have also put the individual prices of the products below in case there are just one or two you are interested in!

































Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner - £5
Firstly, the toner. I swear by this product! Before this I had never really used a proper toner before and now I would never go back! It clears my skin really well, and if I'm having a breakout using this twice daily normally helps clear it up really quickly and reduces the redness straight away. It also leaves your skin looking mattified which is good if you're in a rush in the morning and don't have time for primer!




















Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion - £9
Next up was the night lotion. This product is supposed to be applied right before bed time and is said to 'help minimise the appearance of post-blemish marks and discolouration'. This one didn't wow me as much as the toner, but it is still a good moisturising product to put on before bed. My skin did feel slightly more refreshed in the morning, but so far I haven't noticed any improvement on some discolouration that I have.




















Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion - £3
I used the skin clearing lotion in the mornings after my toner. It is said to reduce the shine on skin as well as being hydrating. I have to say, my skin always feels completely fresh and hydrated after putting this on! I really liked it. I don't really have problems with shiny skin so I couldn't tell you about that side, but I really do like it.

Tea Tree Blemish Gel -£6
The blemish gel was probably my least favourite of the bunch. First off, it comes in a lipgloss-like tube with a doe-foot applicator. I thought this was a bit rubbish because if you put it on a spot the germs will just transfer onto the brush. Also, I felt like it didn't work for me. I tried it a few times on some normal spots and it didn't make any difference at all. Shame!




















Tea Tree Pore Minimiser -£7.50
The pore minimiser was another product I actually quite liked! I use it in the place of a primer in the mornings because obviously its aim is to make your pores smaller. The product also mattifies the skin which is what I normally look for in a primer, so it was good for that too!





















Tea Tree Facial Wash - £5
(I sourced this photo from the Body Shop Website as I have actually unfortunately lost my product.) However, before I did lose it I managed to use about half of it. It was a really nice face wash to use in the morning, because of the tea tree it was really fresh and left my face feeling all tingly! I really liked it because of this reason, it made me feel really fresh and clean before applying makeup!





















Tea Tree Oil - £7
Finally, my favourite product of the set. I have never had an oil like this before but I know I will definitely be repurchasing this because it 100% works! If I am having a bad breakout or just have one spot, I just put this on (preferably at night time) and seriously by the morning they are nearly gone if not completely! It reduces redness like crazy too. Amazing product!

Over all I thought this set was really nice! Even though not all of the products worked for me I have found a couple of products that I know I will definitely be repurchasing and my skin is better for it! If you have spot-prone skin or any discolouration from spots, I would definitely recommend this kit, especially the oil and the toner!
I hope you guys have liked this post, see you soon!
Your Fashion Penpal x

No comments:

Post a Comment