Tuesday 11 August 2015

MEAT FREE MONDAYS

Hey guys! Bit of a different post from me today. For a while now I've been thinking about trying to become a vegetarian, however I have been finding it incredibly hard. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I've always loved meat and never turn down the opportunity for a good steak! However in recent weeks, I find myself feeling increasingly guilty making a burger or a chicken pasta ( 2 of my favourites!) I've been reading a lot of articles not only about animal welfare but also about the health benefits of dropping meat out of your diet. So I thought I would at least try and make a small change, starting off with one meat free day a week, and eventually growing in to more! 

I actually found the day very easy so hopefully I will be able to keep it up! I thought I would share just what I ate for dinner on this day as it was so yummy and healthy, too!


Peppers Stuffed with Rice and Quorn Chicken

The most incredibly easy thing to make, I just shoved some rice on the boil, pan-fried some Quorn Chicken, added some passata sauce and onions, mixed them together and put it in halved peppers! Placed them under the grill for a few minutes and topped with a little bit of cheese, before putting back under the grill for a few minutes more. So simple! I like peppers quite crunchy, however if you want them softer you'd probably have to cook them on their own for a few minutes first, before filling with the mixture. Quorn Chicken is also something I really love. It not only tastes amazing but has a huge amount of protein per serving, and saves you a hell of a lot of money compared to buying real chicken. I use it in everything from pasta to stir frys and so much more!

Anyway, sorry if this post was a bit random, but I've really been enjoying trying different recipes recently (not just healthy ones! I've been looking at a lot of cakes on pintrest too... haha!) so thought I would share one here :) have you tried becoming or are you vegetarian? Let me know your tips!

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment